Why Sherman for Your Chiropractic Education
- Sherman College is a family. Everyone knows your name, even the president.
- Sherman has a low student-faculty ratio and instructors who will mentor you.
- Faculty who are experts in their fields of study, and they treat you like a colleague.
- Hands-on instruction begins in your first quarter of study at Sherman.
- Our balanced curriculum offers the knowledge you need in basic science, chiropractic technique and philosophy, and practice management.
- Technique courses comprise 600 hours of classroom instruction, and we offer many additional elective technique courses and seminars.
- Your 1.5-year internship in the on-campus clinic simulates chiropractic practice.
Gain the Power to Change Lives
- Sherman’s comprehensive chiropractic education makes you relevant to the future of health care.
- You’ll join the ranks of fellow Sherman graduates known as “great adjusters” because of the skill and art of chiropractic they deliver to their patients.
- You’ll be capable of changing people’s lives through the care you provide.
- You can make an impact on your community and the world.
See for Yourself
Visit us to see why Sherman is the place for your chiropractic education.
Sherman College of Chiropractic holds the position that the practice of chiropractic remains a service separate and distinct from other healing arts. Its unique clinical objective is to locate, analyze and correct vertebral subluxations. Building on this, Sherman College teaches courses to prepare its graduates to practice as portal-of-entry providers in all 50 states and around the world. Sherman College graduates are competent and trained to meet all requirements for licensure and safe application of the unique service of chiropractors.Dr Codero
- Doctor of Chiropractic Program
- Goals for Student Achievement
- NBCE Performance
- Program Completion Rates
The doctor of chiropractic degree program of Sherman College of Chiropractic is awarded programmatic accreditation by The Council on Chiropractic Education, 8049 North 85th Way, Scottsdale, AZ, 85258-4321, Phone: (480) 443-8877, Website: www.cce-usa.org
Sherman College of Chiropractic is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the Doctor of Chiropractic degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Sherman College of Chiropractic. www.sacscoc.org.
Sherman College is listed as an institution of higher learning in the U.S. Directory of Higher Education. Sherman College is licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education, 1333 Main Street, Suite 200, Columbia, SC 29201, Telephone: 803-737-2260.
Sherman College offers the first professional doctor of chiropractic degree (D.C.). Students prepare for chiropractic licensure as fully qualified, primary health care providers who specialize in the area of vertebral subluxation through the achievement of the college’s curriculum and program student learning outcomes. The program is very demanding, including a minimum of 4,956 clock hours in a set course sequence over 14 quarters or three and one-half calendar years. Students learn from our passionate, expert faculty in a hands-on, highly individualized learning environment that makes for extraordinary success among our graduates.
Before enrolling at Sherman, students must have earned a minimum of 90 semester hours, including specific basic sciences courses.
Several undergraduate institutions have pre-chiropractic programs and similar arrangements in place with Sherman, which is designed to facilitate transferring of credits or fast-tracking courses to complete all prerequisite courses.
Nearly 98 percent of Sherman students receive federally funded financial aid and loans to cover their tuition and cost of living expenses.